Farmers V Bugs - It's War
Farmers V Bugs - It's WAR!?
Todays learning: (WALT)
- explain the differences in the life cycles of a mammal, an amphibian, an insect and a bird
- describe the life process of reproduction in some plants and animals
- recognise that living things produce offspring of the same kind, but normally offspring vary and are not identical to their parents
- understand seasonality, and know where and how a variety of ingredients are grown, reared, caught and processed
Lesson Activities / Tasks
- Watch Theme Entry Point video - explain about theme how going to learn how food is produce what effects this production then debate choices we have to make in order to make sure we have enough food.
- Complete relevant section of pupil work book
Do quiz for first section answers…
- Pests, disease, weeds, weather
- they'll attack again
- and again
- and again
- farmers animals, farmers crops, greenhouses even gardens and allotments.... its war...
- If we loose then there will be less food
- Lots of people have opinions on how to fight this war....
- what about you?
- What should we do with these?
Explanation for Entry point video
Idea behind video is to get pupils to think about where their food comes from and how 'bugs' might stop us having enough food. We use the word bugs to include the main things which effect food production in this country: Pests, Diseases, Weeds and Weather you may want to explain this to class
- Video: Farmers V Bugs = it's War!
- Farmers V Bugs Pupil Workbook
- Describe the life cycle of some animals
- Explain how animal life cycles contribute to food production
- Describe the life cycles of some plants.
- Explain how plant life cycles contribute to food production.