Yr 3-4 Follow the Poo...
Entry Point - What goes in....
1. Following the Poo - Investigating What plants n...
2. Following the Poo - Investigating Soil
Have you eaten poo flavoured crisps?
Have you ever had poo flavoured crisps?
Todays learning: (WALT)Science
- AfL - Review previous theme - 'What goes in...'
- Scientific Enquiry - asking relevant questions
- understand seasonality, and know where and how a variety of ingredients are grown, reared, caught and processed
Lesson Activities / Tasks
Prior Knowledge - From 'What goes in...' theme about animals producing lots of poo!
ENTRY POINT VIDEO: 'Have you ever had poo flavoured crisps ?'
- The animals theme - what goes in.... looked at how farmers care for their animals and how these animals produce lots of poo!
- Farmers recycle this pooh by spreading it on their fields to help their crops - like potatoes or peas.
- What happens to this poo?
- Why do farmers do this?
- Is it good for the environment?
- How does it help their crops?
- How come you have never had pooh flavoured crisps or pooh coloured peas? Well shall we investigate why?
- What would you ask the farmer if he was here?
- To do this we need to find out 2 things What happens to the pooh that is spread on the land
- How this pooh helps crops?
- How do you think you could investigate this?.
- Watch and discuss video
Complete first section of pupil work book
Do quiz for first section answers…
- VIDEO: 'Have you ever had poo flavoured crisps'
- PUPIL WORKBOOK: 'Following the poo...'
- To ask some relevant to questions to ask the farmer about what he does with manure.