Yr 1-2 Are your pets really alive?
Entry Point - Are all your pets really alive?
1 How can you tell if something is really alive?
2. What is poo made of?
3. What do animals use food for?
4. Do animals change?
5. What do young animals need?
Todays learning: (WALT)Science
- Review work on animals as living things
Lesson Activities / Tasks
- To review learning ask class to complete the mindmap to show all the things animals do.
- If you are using this theme in conjunction with a farm visit to a farm which has animals one of the ways you could review work with pupils is by getting them to write some questions to ask the farmer about his animals and how he looks after them, feeding, mucking out, having babies.
- Ask children to write instructions for their parents entitled "How to make me grow" and stick on to a seed packet featuring a picture of a child.
Complete final section of pupil workbook.
- Pupil work book: Are your pets alive or dead?
- Record in a variety of ways how animas, need to be looked after and explain why this is necessary.